Dan Helwig, Inc. REALTORS®, Flourtown
19 Years Active in Real Estate
Please expand on your previous leadership experience
2003- Present. Broker, REALTOR®, Commercial Property Manager & Residential Sales
Dan Helwig Inc., REALTORS®, Flourtown, PA.
ABR, SFR, GREEN, CPRES, SRS.
2012- 2019 Springfield Township Historical Society
- Board Member
- Events Committee 2012 to 2019
- Appointed Development / Fundraising Chair 2013 to 2019
2008-Present Springfield Township Planning Commission
- Appointed 2008 by the Springfield Township Commissioners
- Appointed Chair 2020 to present
- Contribute to Land Development and Zoning Ordinances
- Appointed Secretary 1/20/2009 to 2017
- Contributed to 2025 Comprehensive Plan
2006-2020 Director of the Montgomery County Association of REALTORS®
- JAN 2020 Induction into the PA RPAC Hall of Fame Harrisburg
- Amongst several task force during my tenure served on the Professionalism Task Force to develop ancillary program offerings with an emphasis on ethical and professional business practice and will strive to assist newer agents in the organization to be successful in their career. Research organization best practices for additional program considerations. Revisit the former Degree of Distinction and create re-tooled successive training/education programs.
- Elected to the Montgomery County Bar Liaison Committee 2012 to 2021
- Served on SUPRA Task Force, representing Montgomery County at Regional SE PA conversion of electronic lock boxes.
- Appointed to serve on the Montgomery/ Bucks Regional Professional Standards Committee as an appeal panelist to 2020
2004- Present Member of the Springfield Township Rotary Club
- Elected Secretary & Standing Board Member 2008- Present
- Elected Membership Chair 2012- Present
- Have run multi fundraising activities and Chaired numerous committees
What role do you hope to play on the Board?
The Board is intended to serve all members, from the full-time agent to the part-time agent equally. It is also intended to have the voice of the smaller independent broker and the larger franchises. I feel I offer a perspective of the smaller office and the needs of my part-time agents. Though I have been a member for 19 years, I grew up in the business and am a second-generation Broker, my father being a REALTOR® Emeritus and still an active Associate Broker. I hope to bring my leadership skills and day-to-day working Broker experience to the table and be a part of meaningful decisions that will impact our industry.
What Association benefits and/or offerings have provided you the most value in your business?
Broker News, zipForms, Docusign, DocuSign Transaction Room, PAR Legal Hotline and the Tech Helpline.
What industry trends do you feel will affect our association in the upcoming years?
I’m concerned on how Buyer Agency is perceived and handled in the future. I have concern over access of our MLS by discount companies that simply enter listings into the system with no representation or support. I’d like to see an independent showing system setup by Bright.
What do you think should be the priority issues being addressed by the Association today?
Providing marketing in the value of working with a REALTOR® and Consumer Education. I also believe in further supporting the SRA and the wonderful advocacy they do on our behalf and for consumers. I also think that members need more education and support in establishing their careers.
Why are you interested in serving on the Board of Directors?
I enjoyed my time as a Board member at MCAR. I felt I was the recipient of first-hand knowledge of industry threats and also technology and policy that affects our day-to-day industry. Having that ability to be in the “know” is part of the constant education we as agents should always be striving for. Those benefits enable me to be a better advocate for my consumers.