The Best Closing of All: A Closed Door on Hunger
Over the past four years, Suburban West has been able to provide over 24,000 meals to those in need around the Delaware Valley through our Annual Coin Drive/Raffle to Benefit Philabundance. This fall, our YPN Committee will kick-off our Fifth Annual Drive beginning on October 13th at our Annual Membership Meeting at the Springfield Country Club.
The Association will begin collecting change and provide Coin Drive Jars at our Annual Meeting (10/13) and our Fall Happy Hour (10/26). Raffle tickets will also be available for purchase during these events. Coin Drive Jars will be set up at the Association office for coin collection throughout the fall. The event will culminate at our Winter Happy Hour on 11/29 at The Gables.
How Can You Help?
- Volunteer to host a Coin Drive Jar at your office by emailing Kristin Tornetta or picking one up at the Annual Meeting, Fall Happy Hour or Association Office
- Donate spare change when you are attending an Association event or class
- Purchase raffle tickets to benefit the Coin Drive
2016 Raffle Baskets:
- Philadelphia Eagles Raffle Basket featuring (2) section 110 tickets to the Eagles vs. Giants game on December 22nd, Signed 11″x14″ Nelson Agholor Color Photograph, Eagles sweatshirt, Eagles sport knit winter hat, official Eagles football and two Eagles frosted pint glasses
- Smart Home Raffle Basket featuring a Nest Learning Thermostat (3rd Generation), Nest Protect Smoke & Carbon Monoxide Alarm (Battery), Chamberlain Smart Garage Door Opener and GE Link Wireless Starter /LED Light Bulb Kit
- Spa Raffle Basket featuring a Stressbreaker Spa Package at Currie Day Spa (multiple locations in PA & DE) that includes a full therapeutic massage, manicure, pedicure and haristyling – ideal for the busy professional! Basket will also include spa accessories.
Raffle tickets can be purchased ($1 for 1 ticket or $10 for 15 tickets) at our upcoming offsite events or at the Association office in Malvern. Members can also call Suburban West at 610-560-4800 to purchase tickets over the phone. The Drive will culminate at our Winter REALTOR Happy Hour on November 29th where the raffle basket winners will be announced. Members do not have to be in attendance to win.
ALL proceeds will benefit Philabundance. Cash, checks (made out to Philabundance) or credit cards are accepted.
Who is Philabundance?
There are three quarters of a million people in the Delaware Valley who face hunger every day. Their stories are as diverse as the nine counties served by Philabundance: working families hit hard by the recession, women and children, seniors trying to make ends meet. The one thing they have in common is being part of a food system that desperately needs additional support. Within the Delaware Valley, Philabundance has experienced 24 percent more people coming to their organization for food compared to last year. Philabundance can feed one person one meal for just 50 cents and money donated during the Coin Drive can be stretched with their access to wholesale distribution markets. Together, Suburban West members can make a difference in the fight against hunger in our community – it just makes “cents”!
To learn more or to sign up your office to participate in the Coin Drive, please contact Kristin Tornetta at 610-560-4800.