1031 CORP., Collegeville
20+ Years Active Real Estate-affiliated Field
Please expand on your previous leadership experience
- 28+ years facilitating 1031 exchanges
- President of 1031 CORP. since 1996
- Served on the Board of Directors of Suburban West REALTORS® Association, 2016-2017; Member of Commercial Chapter Advisory Board from inception to present; Member of the Tri-County Suburban REALTORS® Financial Investment Committee; Participated in strategic planning for the association, 2018.
- Graduate of the SWRA Leadership Development Program, 2015
- Frequent CE Instructor on 1031 Exchanges
- Participated in several PAR Day on the Hill and assisted with the preparation of 1031 talking points
- Served on the Board of Directors of the Federation of Exchange Accommodators (FEA), national trade association for 1031 facilitators, 1997-2008 and 2011-2018, President in 2016. Chaired Marketing and Communications Committee, Education Committee, Conference Planning Committee and was a trustee of FEA 1031PAC
- Founding chair of the Certified Exchange Specialist (CES) Certification Council, 2002-2008
What role do you hope to play on the Board?
I’d like to serve on the Board of Directors to help advance the initiatives of the Tri-County Suburban REALTORS® and its Commercial Chapter. I want to represent our affiliate members and seek new opportunities for us to better serve the many members of Tri-County. I would also like to help all interested REALTOR® members find ways to become more involved in our association.
What Association benefits and/or offerings have provided you the most value in your business?
- Keeping current on industry news
- Monthly sales and pending transaction stats
- Timely programs with hot topics or other issues to help me run my business and / or better understand the challenges of my real estate investor clients
What industry trends do you feel will affect our association in the upcoming years?
- Online brokerages will continue to be a concern
- Rising interest rates, rising median home prices and inflation and their impact on the real estate market
- Tax changes negatively affecting real estate
- Online CE classes
What do you think should be the priority issues being addressed by the Association today?
- Attainable housing
- Education consumers on the value of the REALTOR® in the transaction
- Finding the right mix of programming in our new normal while continuing to provide excellent education and networking opportunities.
Why are you interested in serving on the Board of Directors?
Having served on the Board of Directors in the past, I know what an exceptional association Tri-County Suburban REALTORS® is. I have seen the commitment of its Board and staff to its members. I also benefit from working from many of our members and volunteer leadership provides a way to give back to the Association and its members. I believe my experience on other boards will help me be a valuable contributor.