Tri-County Suburban REALTORS® is committed to fostering diversity, equity, and inclusion at every level of our organization. We value open-minded collaboration among all industry specialists that inspires shared visions and results in a consistent, unified message.
Housing Opportunity and Affordability requires a collaborative effort with Community Allies in Housing. Please use this page as a resource for identifying and learning more about organizations that have resources for housing opportunity and affordability.
Housing Equality Center of
March 2023 Spotlight⭐
The mission of the Housing Equality Center of Pennsylvania (HECP) is to advance fair and equal access to housing opportunities for all Pennsylvanians. Established in 1956, the Housing Equality Center of Pennsylvania is America’s oldest fair housing council. HECP’s service area includes the Pennsylvania counties of Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Lehigh, Montgomery, Northampton and Philadelphia. The organization’s education and technical assistance programs support housing professionals throughout Pennsylvania.
The Housing Equality Center offers a variety of programs and services to the general public to ensure that consumers have access to housing and understand their rights under fair housing laws. Additional programs and services are available to ensure that housing professionals understand and comply with fair housing laws. The Housing Equality Center provides:
- Counseling and conducts testing investigations to help housing discrimination victims.
- Education and training programs for housing professionals, nonprofits, housing authorities and others to promote compliance with fair housing laws and to prevent discrimination.
- Technical assistance on fair housing compliance for housing professionals
- Publications, fact sheets and resources to educate the public and housing professionals about fair housing including “Know Your Responsibilities as a Landlord or Property Manager in Pennsylvania”, a 96 page manual which covers fair housing and common fair housing issues along with basic PA Landlord-Tenant Law.
- A main website with resources on fair housing, news and information www.equalhousing.org. Individuals can report housing discrimination anonymously, request publications, training and technical assistance.
- A website for renters http://renters.equalhousing.org which provides information on fair housing as well as basic PA Landlord-Tenant law. Sample letters to landlords are provided which can be downloaded and personalized.
- A website for landlords and property managers http://landlords.equalhousing.org which provides a mobile friendly version of our manual for housing providers. Housing providers can request technical assistance on fair housing issues including evaluating reasonable accommodation and modification requests.
For a print flyer, click here!
Click here to experience the video interview with Housing Equality Center of Pennsylvania!