Shannon Diiorio, ABR
Compass Main Line
16 Years Active in Real Estate
What was your career prior to real estate, if applicable?
Prior to real estate I worked in Restaurant Management. Learning to lead and motivate my staff and to balance all aspects of running a business are among the skills I’ve carried over to real estate.
What type of leadership roles have you held outside of real estate?
Aside from my previous career, leadership opportunities have mostly revolved around real estate.
- Graduate of the 2014 Suburban West Leadership Development Program
- Currently serving on the Suburban West Board of Directors
- Served on the Pennsylvania Association of Realtors Board of Directors
- Helped recruit and encourage other Leadership Development Program participants
- Currently an instructor for Suburban West Realtors Association
- Served in a Leadership Role within a brokerage helping to train new agents
As a voice for your colleagues, what strengths/insights will you bring to the Board discussions?
The ability to seek out and understand all points of view. I am not afraid to ask the difficult questions or to seek out the answers that represent the best interests of everyone.
What issues do you feel the Association should be addressing?
Professionalism and communication have a direct impact on how the public views our industry. We are held to high standards between our Code of Ethics and the many laws & regulations we are required to follow. I believe that being seen as the valuable professionals that we are is key to staying at the center of the transaction. I believe the Association’s main focus should be to increase our relevance in the transaction by:
- Educating our membership about the importance of effective communication and public perception
- Provide up to date tools & resources to leverage technology and increase productivity
- Reinforcement and education to ensure our awareness of the various laws and regulations as well as our focus on self-regulation, when it comes to enforcement.
Why are you interested in serving as a member of the Board of Directors?
I want to continue to do my part to help ensure that REALTORS® not only have access to the latest tools, technology and information but also the skills and professionalism necessary to “wow” the public. I want to see all REALTORS® continue to compete, cooperate and succeed in our ever-changing industry.