The Tri-County Suburban REALTORS® “Making a Difference” Community Service Awards recognizes active REALTOR® members who are making an extraordinary impact on their community through volunteer work. Each year, multiple winners are selected by an appointed leadership task force. These winners will receive grants ranging from $15,000 to $2,500 for their charity and then be recognized at an Association event.
Rules and Eligibility
- Nominees must be an active Primary or Secondary REALTOR® member of Tri-County Suburban REALTORS® in good standing.
- Nominees should have made a significant impact as a volunteer for a nonprofit organization. Eligible activities are not limited to real estate or housing issues and may include volunteer work done overseas.
- Grants must be issued to a US 501(c)3 nonprofit organization.
- Nominees will be judged primarily on the level and impact of personal contribution. Nominees should have made a significant contribution of personal time, but contributions of money, materials or other resources will be considered by the task force as well.
- The award is intended to recognize individual contributions, not Association or company-wide efforts. However, if an individual can be singled out as instrumental to the success of a group effort, he or she is eligible.
- If the achievements of two people (such as a married couple or co-founders) of an organization absolutely cannot be separated, they can enter as a pair and their entry will be considered as one.
- Nominees must be able to document the results of their individual involvement through published reports and/or written testimonials from the organization they served or the people they helped.
- REALTORS® may nominate themselves or may be nominated by someone else.
- Some portion of the nominee’s work must have taken place within the following time period: January 1, 2021 – August 1, 2022
Applications for 2022 are now closed. Applications for 2023 will open in August.
For questions regarding the 2022 Making a Difference Community Service Awards, please contact Anthony DiPice or call 610-560-4800.